Please note: Data Capture Box Requires a serial or parallel printer to be connected to it, POS Text Sender is ideal for TCP/IP / Journal Files on the same subnet, POS Data Sender is ideal if you need to send a serial printer feed over TCP/IP.
- - Instead of using a Journal printer to print duplicate receipts to a duplicate printer, Journal files typically include terms useful for loss prevention purposes which are not normally not printed on a Receipt. Terms include Void, Delete, Employee Meal, etc.
- - Traditionally defined as an IBM compatible Printer Driver, if there are compatible OPOS drivers for that Point of Sale / Terminal, the OPOS
- /Data Text Sender Solution can be used.
Generic Network Printer
- - Instead of using either Serial or Parallel Printers, Generic Network printers allow you to make a simple TCP/IP connection and output the feed on Port 9000. In order to use the feed, pos text sender will be reading that feed.
- - As the term is typically applied in Fast Casual Restaurants in which usually have multiple printers