GeoVision Repair Database Procedure
GeoVision Repair Database Procedure|
Back to GeoVision Support | Support Home
The Repair Database Utility is used to repair misplaced or missing video/audio files that are not identified properly by ViewLog. As long as video/audio file still exists on the hard drive and are detectable by Windows OS, the Repair Database Utility will restore the video/audio files back to their default paths and allow them to appear under ViewLog. For GV-DVR Systems, Repair Database Utility is preinstalled. To locate the application, follow the steps below:
1. Close all GeoVision applications completely.Run Database Repair Utility
2. On Windows desktop, click on “Start”.
3. Click on “All Programs”.
4. Click on “GVCombo” folder. (Alternatively, the name of the folder may vary according to the GeoVision card model you are using. i.e GV1480/GVNVR)
5. Run GeoVision Repair Database Utility.
1. Enter ID and Password for the DVR system. 2. Click “OK”. 3. Select cameras that require database repair. (By default, all cameras are checked) 4. Click “OK”. 5. Under Repair DB window, check on “Rebuild all information”. 6. If your video/audio files exist only in the predefined path, select the ”Use Default Path” option. 7. If you are not sure where video/audio files are on the hard drive, or if the files scatter across different hard drive locations, select “Search Hard Disk”. * Selecting “Use Default Path” will rebuild video/audio files listed under predefined hard drive locations only. Therefore, time required for rebuilding will be less.
* Selecting “Search Hard Disk” will rebuild video/audio files from all hard drive locations connected to the system. Therefore, more time will be required for rebuilding the database.
8. When the finish message comes up, click “OK”.
9. Go under Viewlog and review updated video/audio files in the event list.
* The time required to perform database repair generally depends on the number of files on the hard drives. Typically, it will take up to three hours repairing an 8 bay DVR system.