GeoVision Mac OS X Remote View
How to Access Live Video on Mac OS X|
Back to GeoVision Support | Support Home
Applied to: Mac OS X 10.5 and above
To remotely access live video on the Mac OS X, it is required to open communication ports and modify certain default settings on the GV-System and the Mac.
At the GV-System:
1. On the main screen, click the Network button, click WebCam Server, click the 3GPP tab and then select the option box to enable.
2. If there is a router or firewall installed, ensure these communication ports required by the WebCam Server are open:
TCP Port: 8554
UDP Ports: 17300-17380
Command Port: 4550
Data Port: 5550
Audio Port: 6550
At the Client Computer (OS X 10.5 only):
1. On Mac OS X, open Quick Time preference panel from System Preferences.
2. Click the Advanced tab, and select Custom from the Transport Setup drop-down list.
3. Select UDP from the Transport Protocol drop-down list.
4. In the RTSP Port ID field, select Other and type 6970.
At the Web Browser:
1. Start your browser. Enter the IP address or the domain name of the GV-System, and type ID and password to log into the GV-System.
2. Click the desired camera and you should be able to watch its live video.