- Insert the new hard drive into the bay and lock it. Make sure it is connected properly.
- Power up the bay by pressing the power button next to the storage bay.
- Under Windows, right-click on My Computer, select Management.
- Under Disk Management, locate the new hard drive that appears as "Unknown".
- Right-click on the "Not Initialized" header and select Initialize Disk.
- Select GPT(GUID Partition Table) then select OK.
- After the drive becomes "Online", right-click on the Unallocated portion and select New Simple Volume.
- When New Simple Volume Wizard appears, click Next.
- Leave simple volume size as default and click Next.
- Leave drive letter at default and click Next.
- Label the hard drive and check the option to "Perform a quick format", click Next.
- Click Finish to close the wizard.
- The hard drive is now ready.
GeoVision How do I format a new hard drive (bigger than 3TB)?
Back to GeoVision Support | Support Home
Refer to instructions below to create and format a hard disk partition (for hard drives bigger than 3TB):