First Time WebCam Login on Vista
Windows Vista has secured their Internet with a feature called User Account Control (UAC). In order for WebCam to operate correctly, you must disable this function. To begin, first go to Control Panel and then click on User Account. Then follow these steps:
1. Select "Turn User Account Control on or off" (Control Panel --> User Accounts)
2. Uncheck UAC, and click OK.
3. Open Internet Explorer, then click Tools on the menu bar and select Internet Options.
4. Click on the tab labeled Security, then click on the Custom level button.
5. Set all ActiveX Controls to Enable, then hit OK. (Note: Takes effect after you restart Internet Explorer)